You know it's the end of summer when we have the premier for Paws of Justice! Paige and Jonathan did a lot of hard work in June to get the movie done, knowing they would both be gone much of July. They spent days at my house filming and editing, laughing and eating snacks. Their plans also included extras, so they gathered some friends and family to direct and include in their film. Honestly, I think the friends were flattered to be asked. All that to say, the movie was wrapped and ready by July 1st and we scheduled the premier so that all of our friends would be able to see it. That was last night!
We had about 25 of our closest friends gather at our house. Paige serves some snacks and drinks while we cozied up in our living room. The movie was 40 minutes long, which is their longest one yet and it was hilarious! I told her every time they do one, it gets better and better. It also helps that each Christmas we add to her film making equipment. The mics definitely helped this time.
I had to laugh because they are super independent now and I am rarely needed for help. They arrange their own dates to work, what they are filming and where. So when they are working on the project, I really don't know what they are up to and just throw out some food every now and again. Seeing them film put together gave me a much better idea of their antics. It also explained how they came back so dirty and with dog poop on their shoes. Ha! I'm glad I didn't know at the time.
The movie was a success! Paige and Jonathan felt very accomplished and it makes me smile to see their friendship. I wonder how long this little setup will keep going now that they are teenagers, but for now they enjoy doing it and genuinely enjoy each other's company. Their brother and sister relationship seem to amaze everybody else, but having grown up together, I know that their comfort with each other has been years in the making. The other thing that I love is that they both feel so comfortable being silly and goofy in front of our larger friend group. We have a very supportive community of people in our corner that love them for who they are and genuinely look forward to seeing this movie every year. My heart felt full after everybody left and I am thankful for the many ways we are loved.
And don't worry....the movie had a cliffhanger for next year. I can't wait to see what happens next!

No comments:
Post a Comment