Tuesday, May 1, 2018

More weekend fun

My parents were back in town this weekend to do some work at the lake house. It's been nice seeing them on a more regular basis when typically we've only seen them twice a year.

We were able to take them to Soda City, which is a market on downtown Main Street. It was a beautiful morning and we loved checking out all the vendors. Paige was so excited about all the plants and flowers because of her recent science unit. She even spotted this pitcher plant from 20 feet away!




And speaking of plants, we found a venus fly trap at Aldi for $5. He obviously had to come home with us where he was promptly named Victor Vito and hand fed insects.



Mom got me a gorgeous bouquet of flowers for just $10 and of course the girls enjoyed their lemon macroons.



Next we stopped by One Eared Cow Glass where I got her birthday gifts. I had been there so often they knew me by name and I loved showing her all the pieces we had considered. She definitely loved our choices and enjoyed meeting the folks that worked there. I see some other purchases or even a class in our future!



Anna headed off to a birthday part and Paige stayed with Mom and Dad and myself while we ate lunch downtown. It was nice to have some special time with just her and afterward I was stuffed.

Later that night Patrick and I went on a date night-dinner AND a movie! When the babysitting is free you go for longer. :)


On Sunday and Mary Kay rep came over as I had won a free makeover. Mom and I loved our time pampering, even if I only bought things with my gift card.

Also check out my table in it's final location. I white washed most of it and it turned out great. I just need to decide if it's a bit too tall because I can always trim it down a couple of inches.


No comments:

Post a Comment