Post Thanksgiving, we have been busy bees prepping for Christmas and doing the every day to include school, lessons and work. Paige wrapped up her horse lessons. She absolutely loved being over there and learned lots about horse care. While I would love to give her more lessons, it's an expensive sport. Fortunately, she knew this and was happy for the opportunity she did get. She's also enjoying her piano lessons and will be doing a little performance for us for Felize Navidad (Christmas Eve).
Meanwhile, Anna has been hitting the basketball court and had her first game this week. I hate they are so late on Tuesday nights, starting at 7:30 PM. She definitely needed to shake off some rust during the game, but it was fun to see the girls out there and they ended up winning the game.
As for me, I'm wrapping up my class with exams next week. I've also been nursing an injured foot. How it happened, I have NO idea! The ball of my foot had become sore and then inflamed which caused my foot to swell substantially. I couldn't even put weight on it. After some intentional rest, icing and IB profin, it has improved greatly. I'm hopeful the last soreness will disappear on its own, but we'll see.
One of my favorite things this past week was visiting my parents at the lake house. They were finally able to move in and had all of their stuff delivered. Despite the foot issue, I was able to help unpack and set things up. We made great progress, but they are still dealing with final construction including painting, deck installation and punch list items.
While there I got to visit with my Uncle Eric and Aunt Donna. Eric was there to help build the bunk beds in the girls' room. I wish I could have stayed to help with that! It was fun to visit with them and enjoy Mom and Dad's first meals in the new house. Despite unpacking, it was a restful weekend with caramel lattes from my Dad and a plush robe from my Mom.
I can't say enough good things about the lake house. It is a true retreat in every sense of the word. The fixtures, details and colors are absolutely beautiful. The view brings peace and relaxation even when it rains. I can't wait to spend time there with everybody.
While I was away, Patrick held down the fort. I was able to get the three of them tickets to the USC vs. Akron football game. The weather looked terrible, but they braved it anyway to go their first football game. Patrick even thought to get red ponchos! On the way, they noticed a man at a table and realized he was no other than George Rogers, our Heisman trophy winner. They were able to meet him, take pictures and touch the trophy. So special! The girls also enjoyed the fireworks when the Gamecocks scored, sitting under the upper deck, Sandstorm, seeing Cocky come out and watching the band. Overall they had a great time, despite the rain. Later Anna went to a fun birthday party for a new friend.


















No comments:
Post a Comment