Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Summer wrap up

I'm kind of in denial summer is actually over. You get used to a routine and then bam! It's done. We've been busy having fun these last few days. And of course, we're also taking care of business too. I've especially enjoyed my summer snuggles in bed with the girls. They come over to watch a show and we stay in bed for a bit before wandering out for breakfast. So nice!

The girls have enjoyed play dates with friends. They are getting in their last practice of their summer project: The Lion King. We hope to have them perform it soon. This Friday we will be going to see the movie in theaters. Yay!



On Monday night we headed to Anna's school to meet her teachers. I also represented the PTO table, which I found hilarious considering I am brand new and could not answer any questions. It was actually pretty helpful and I learned a lot. We loved all of Anna's teachers and I think she is in for a good year. I was also glad we were able to actually see her classes and she could walk her schedule so she knew where to go on the first day.

A Powell and Kelly middle schooler

Today was actually Anna's first unofficial day at school. She attended a Step Up to Sixth program for half the day. They give them lockers and locks as well as lots of other helpful information. I'm not going to lie...I teared up a bit dropping her off. Paige prayed for her in the car and Anna made sure to note this would be the last time they rode to school together until Anna's senior year in high school. Wahhhhh! I was pleased that when Anna got out of the car, the administrator standing there said: Anna! I've been waiting for you! She rode the bus home and that was great practice. I was happy to hear a good report and she was actually pretty positive about how things went.


Picnic lunch to wait for Anna's bus



Sister love....maybe?

Meanwhile Paige and ran errands and set some things up at her school. I loved her helpful attitude with all the teachers. I'll be there to help with Koffee and Kleenex in the morning. So we are all set for our first day of school tomorrow! Guess I better be ready because here it comes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment