Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Settling in

We are settling into our back-to-school routine. I started classes on Monday, teaching 3 classes for the first half of the fall. It always takes me a couple of weeks to really accept summer is over, but being on campus again helps. We've also figured out drop off and pick ups of the girls for school. Next week I'll be back in full swing with the start up of my Bible study and prepping for my 3rd-5th grade girls small group. Mix in school volunteer items and my time is spent!

Meanwhile, the girls are doing great. I am so proud of how Anna has transitioned to middle school. She's so organized and has already labeled all her notebooks. So far homework isn't bad either. And I love that she comes home almost every day talking about how much she loves math! Talk about the impact of a good teacher.

Paige is equally having a good time in class. She's anxiously awaiting the day her favorite friend in class, Sally, returns from Greece. She's adjusted to her new teacher and loves him. It doesn't hurt that he plays tag on the recess field. We've had some tough times at bed time, but I think that's due to being tired so I've implemented earlier bed time.

And of course, Patrick is doing his thing at the District Office and just started his class of 30 students. He was recently appointed by the Department of Education (federal level) to the National Assessment Governing Board for NAEP. Super exciting and an honor! He explained to me that if the US had a national school board, this would be it. He will travel 4 times a year, two to DC and two to other locations, to participate in assessing the state of education in the US.

So we're doing good over here. It's a new normal and it seems to be suiting us pretty well. I promise pictures next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment