Friday, October 4, 2019

More catching up

It seems this season of life and time of year have kept us pretty occupied. So I'll just give a quick synopsis of what we've been up to:

Paige had her first 3rd grade Gathering a week ago. She did a terrific job and as always, is such a ham. She is working so hard at school and absolutely adores her teacher. We had a chance to see a glimpse of her learning at Curriculum Night where it was pure magic to watch her teacher at work. I can see so many amazing areas of growth: writing a beautiful "small moment pieces," desire to improve spelling and her reading of some more advanced books. She's started Harry Potter! I've loved helping in her class and going with them to the area library.






 She is also thriving in her new role in a play at the Columbia Children's Theater. She auditioned a little while ago for a part in The Magic Treehouse: Dinosaurs Before Dark. This time she and Sally are doing it together. Well, Sally got a dino role and Paige got the role of Hemlock Tree. Let's just say there have been many discussions of choosing joy and trusting where the Lord has put us. After a couple of rehearsals, I am happy to report she is excited about her part and even learned that is a substantial ensemble role after all.

Anna is busy as ever. Wow, she works so hard with her classwork. We're spending nearly two hours a night working on homework. She is excelling in her classes and trying to navigate the social waters of middle school. I love her confidence and desire to be herself. She is really enjoying her viola instruction. We're still trying to iron out some issues with a particular teacher and to be honest I am trying to show love and support for all those involved.



Both Patrick and I have been up to our eyeballs in work. My class is ending next week and I have four assignments due on top of trying to get my class ready for the following week. It takes a lot of behind the scenes work. Add in volunteering at both schools and it's been hectic. Patrick is planning for a district wide in service in two weeks.

Finally, we loved celebrating our dear friend Ashley who turned 40 recently. It was so fun to have a party for her.


No comments:

Post a Comment