In case you thought we bit the dust with middle school, I thought I would relieve your anxieties and let you know we are on the up swing. This week seems to be going a lot better and I can see Anna's confidence returning. I've heard positive things from a couple of her teachers which makes me think she's doing great. These would be things I would expect to hear and reminds me there can always be hiccups along the way. I've reached out to get clarification on some things and even met with somebody at the school to help understand the computer systems they are using. It's such a strange balance of trying to figure how much to be involved and advocate for my kid and teaching her how to advocate for herself. The conversations I've had this past week have encouraged me to still be right there on the sidelines.
Other than that, I forgot to post about our new roof. It was a LOUD and messy couple of days, but the new roof is done. We're still finding a few nails around, but it's nice the process is complete and honesty, was fairly easy. So what do you do with extra shingles?! Make a roof for the playhouse since the tarp was destroyed and shingle the dollhouse to make it legit. Yay, for home projects!
I've also started my annual Focus Bible study. Ashley led the intro lesson and it's always a joy to see her up there using God's gifts. We're studying Joshua this year and right out of the gate I was able to encourage Anna with some verses from the first chapter: Be strong and courageous! I sure do love these friends of mine and hear encouragement and truth from them all the time.
And in case you are wondering, my classes are going well. It's crazy to think I am already half way through my first section. I just completed the editing process with 120 resumes and next up will be the interviews. Funny story though...I had a student come up to me in class this week who had been sitting through my lectures this entire time. He asked about his assignments in BB (which there have been 6 thus far) and why he couldn't see them. Well it turns out he doesn't start class with me until after Fall break!! I made the announcement in class to check their section number AND I've been talking about the due dates for these assignments for weeks. All I can do is shake my head and laugh. At least he's not actually behind. Bless!
No comments:
Post a Comment