Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Date Night

It's no secret that Date Night has become kinda extinct around here. Patrick and I have replaced it with regular walks around the block, just the two of us...oh and Teddy. It's the time of day where we vent, laugh, stress, discuss and for me, get some adult time. I really enjoy our time together. 

The girls noticed that we haven't been out on many dates, so they took it upon themselves to arrange a date night for us! They dressed up in matching outfits, created name tags, made up a very extensive menu of breakfast foods (we were having breakfast for dinner that evening) and set the dining room table. Patrick and I had to dress up too which was funny because we had been working outside and so only really half committed to fancy outfits. 


We had music and the sweetest, dimpled waitress in the world. The chef would occasionally shout out questions from the kitchen, which totally made me laugh. Patrick and I enjoyed lovely conversation and a delicious meal of eggs, bacon and fruit while the girls ate their dinner in the kitchen. You could tell they were so proud of themselves and even started hatching plans for a once a month date night on them with different themes. Mexican or Italian is coming up soon!

I sure do love their hearts and thoughtfulness. We might have taken a trip to Sonic for dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment