Just wanted to provide a quick update as it seems time has started picking up steam again.
Paige had a good soccer game on Saturday. They tied after coming from behind by two goals. She had a terrific assist up to another player for a goal and she played a good defensive game. It's fun to watch her out there. We've also enjoyed some nice weather for reading in our hammocks.
Anna had the Region Qualifying meet last night and qualified for both the 1600m and 3200m. She won the 3200m and is undefeated in the region, making her both Richland County Champ and Region Champ. We'll need to do some work on her hips this week as they seemed to be bothering her last night. She'll run the 3200m in the State Qualifier Meet in a week and a half. She's not fast enough to qualify for the 1600m, but there's an outside chance she can run fast enough for the 3200m, so they will save her legs for that. We'll see! Overall it's been a good season and I think if it ends next week, we will all be happy with the results. I'm thankful we have no more late Wednesday nights!
Anna is also home this week for virtual school so we could get through the last mid-week track meet. She will return next week for a couple of days as we have pulled her from state testing. There's just no purpose in it. I would have liked to have done the same for Paige, but they use those scores for 6th grade class placement so we're kinda stuck.
I finished my classes last Friday and have been working on odds and ends around the house. I'm doing a couple of art projects, redecorating our fireplace mantle, planning for our trip out west and about a billion other small things.
Patrick has had a productive week at work although it's always something! Just yesterday he was able to pass a bill on suicide prevention. He got it to bypass committee hearing, go straight to the floor and be passed unanimously in both the Senate and the House. Super cool! He's got a couple more weeks of the legislature meeting, coaching his students toward the AP exam and I think he's wrapped up the class he's taking. I know he's looking forward to things slowing down a bit!
Teddy is being Teddy, living his best dog life. Lucky guy!


No comments:
Post a Comment