The countdown to the end of school has begun in earnest. We have three more weeks! I feel like all I keep saying is "finish strong!"
Meanwhile, we've had some weekend fun. Anna and Patrick went to the state cross country meet to cheer and help at the long jump pit. The girls team came in 5th place, but was only off by 2 points to finish 3rd. The heat was so bad this weekend that it definitely killed the long distance runners. Anna would have placed 5th! But she had a great time hanging with her friends and cheering on the team. Her banquet/awards ceremony is next Tuesday and then we'll call it a wrap.
Paige and I decided to take Teddy downtown to Soda City, our outdoor market on Main St. We went early to beat the crowds and the heat. I was thankful we did because with all the sights, sounds, textures of sidewalk and grates, we discovered Teddy is NOT a city dog. He did really well, but was definitely tentative, especially over the bumpy sidewalk portions right before we crossed the street. It was fun to grab a popsicle and some local honey at the market. Next up we took Teddy to walk around USC. I showed Paige the Horseshoe and where we lived when we were on campus. Teddy mostly chased squirrels. It was a quite morning walking down memory lane.
That evening, Patrick and I celebrated our anniversary of 17 years by going out to dinner at Bonefish. We had a gift certificate and were able to sit outside which made me feel better. Just not ready to do in restaurants yet! Patrick surprised me with earrings and we enjoyed some yummy key lime pie cake. The girls hung out with the Powells so after our dinner, we chatted about our UT plans and figured out which places we could meet up for some hiking and hanging out. We're really excited!
After church on Sunday, we joined the Currys for a 10 mile bike ride on the Timmerman Trail which leads to the River Walk. It's a great, paved trail in the shade with minimal hills. The kids all did great and Paige and I managed to do pretty well with our bikes, neither of which have gears. This was the first time we got to use the new hitch and the new to us bike rack handed down to us from the Currys. I can see many more biking adventures in our future.
Randomness:
Teddy has been enjoying his solo mom time. He can always be found right at my feet when I am sitting and working on my computer. He got his haircut today which was perfect timing for the hot weather we have in store this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment