This has been the strangest week. We had Monday off for Labor Day which honestly feels like eons ago. It was a quiet day at home and we celebrated a sweet friend's 1st birthday while also grilling out. Then it was off to school for what we thought would be a normal schedule.
It was Homecoming week (yes, only two weeks into school, but whatever). That means Patrick and Rusty got to dress up. I am proud of Patrick and his growth...he now takes care of his own costumes and doesn't ask the day before for some strange item I don't have. This year they went as Bob Ross and his painting. Pretty clever I think. Also, nice artwork Rusty!
I also had to take Anna to the doctor in the middle of the day to see about a rash on her elbows. She referred us to a specialist which meant more time out of school. This is not as easy now that she's in middle school, but we plugged on. We also had to battle some bedtime blues where she was overly concerned about the elbows and overtired. Not a good combo.
By Wednesday afternoon we figured out we would be out of school Thursday for Hurrican Dorian. We weren't expecting much bad weather, but winds could have harmed transportation of the school buses so we were at home. It brought a lovely sunset! I knew as soon as I made their lunches we would get the call. Dang it!
We also accepted a little guest for a few days. Some church friends needed help watching their 11 year old dog who is very well behaved. She's like a little old lady who naps and needs to pee every now and again. In exchange they offered some money toward a youth trip. So Anna is on duty and Sadie has been very easy. Meanwhile, Paige is in love. I don't think this will change our no-dogs stance though. I wasn't too keen on the 5:45 wake up for potty time.
On Friday, I got Anna an appointment at the dermatologist, where we found out she has a condition caused by friction and it involves just rubbing some specific cream on her elbows, knees and knuckles. It was the best turnout and I dropped her back off to school where she had to make up two tests.
When I got home the materials for our new roof arrived. Turns out we had hail damage back in March...who knew? Not us! The Powells had a leak on their rook and when the inspector found hail damage, we figured it was worth a look at our roof. Sure enough we had it too and filed a claim. It will be completely covered by our insurance. That's a $16,000 roof we will be replacing for $750 out of pocket. It's been fun teaching the girls about this process. They will start Monday. Hmmm...wondering how the dog will react to this??
Friday night we headed to the Homecoming game which was hot and stinky, but fun. Paige's team teacher, Dr. Hass has a son at the high school who happens to be in Patrick's class. Did you follow that? Well, he won runner up so it was fun to cheer for him. Also, note to self, do not sit in front of super immature middle school girls who are trying to act bigger than they are.
On Saturday we headed out to cheer for some little soccer players. Our church has opened up a soccer league and we know lots of kids out there. Paige will play in the spring. We picked up a little friend to spend some time with us. Haddie just adores our two girls and we were glad to give Mom and Dad a little lunch break for Brad's birthday. She sure is a fun kid! And of course, Patrick still got to watch Carolina football which put him in a good mood based on the score.
So there you have it. We feel like it's been both the longest and shortest week ever. I'm not sure what we are going to do when we have a full 5 day week! I mean I will be grading resumes, but we'll see how the others do.
No comments:
Post a Comment