Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Girl's Day

My sister drove up from Florida to collect her girls. She met us at my house on Monday afternoon and it was fun to hang out with her for a bit. We didn't have our typical Girls Week as in the past, but we spent some great time with Riley and Channing at the lake and then had a Girls Day before they left for Florida today. 

This year I made no plans, but asked them what they wanted to do instead. Between all the traveling and planning and packing suit cases, I just didn't organize anything official. It actually worked out great!

We had a slow morning and I made pancakes for breakfast. Then we went for a long walk around the neighborhood. Teddy joined us and was pretty much passed out the rest of the day. Poor thing is recovering from vacation mode! When we got back to the house everybody was hot, so it was the perfect time to do water balloons. There was a battle between cousins and it was epic.








Because everybody was so wet, we thought it best to do our shaving cream thing we do almost every summer. It's this thing I started with them when they were younger where they get to paint with shaving cream that we color and ever since then they have remembered it. So I let them do it again and this year, the two oldest decided with would be good to actually shave too. I guess that means that craft it growing up with them a bit. 











Next was lunch time with BLTs. Um yum! We all chilled and regrouped before doing whipped cream. This is another thing they love to do from our past gatherings. They have to search for gummy worms in the whipped cream using only their faces. 









Next up was game time. This turned out to be so much fun. The girls had set up stations where we could play different games like Uno Attack, Forbidden Island and Taco vs. Burrito. I also let them put together their own snack mix with various things we had in the pantry. 


After games, they made their own friendship bracelets, something Rachael and I used to do all the time as kids. I got together dinner items and we did our own personal pizzas. 

We ended our day with a group game, to include Patrick, of Think N'Sync, which was absolutely hilarious. The girls all voted it was a great day and we had to do it again in the future!

Today, we packed everybody up and I dropped off Anna at Track Camp. It's at a local college so she's staying in a dorm room with a good friend, Emma. I don't think I had mentally prepared for dropping my kid off at college! We made her bed and got her stuff out and well I could see the future flash before my eyes. No worries, I only took two pictures and didn't cry. Meanwhile, Paige was peppering me with questions on the car ride back home. I'm gathering she is not quite ready for college based on her questions. I'm excited to see how Anna likes camp and the things she learns while there. We get to see her run in an AAU meet on Saturday. 




No comments:

Post a Comment