I thought while we had a couple of down days at our house, I would post about some random summer happenings. When the girls are home they are pretty good about coming up with things to themselves. Their favorite thing...school. I know. I am as shocked as you are especially after last year. But they do reading, science, math, explorations, etc. I don't have anything for them so this is all done on their own, using old textbooks and supplies we have upstairs. It's cute and I am not complaining one bit! We did bribe Anna into doing math so she could get some new decorations for her room.
My garden has been going gangbusters. The rain has certainly been helpful. I've gotten several pickings worth of bush beans and they have been so good. I even had enough to freeze three quarts! They're still going so I'm excited about that. I have a ton of peppers coming in as well as some tomatoes. My sweet zinnias and sunflowers are growing great. They've made beautiful bouquets. I also have lots of herbs and some onion. It's pretty low maintenance which is good considering we've been out of town a lot.
We're dog sitting CC the first part of this week while the Powells are out of town. CC and Teddy pretty much spend the entire time wrestling. I try to take them on walks to wear them out, but they just go back to wrestling. So we institute some mandatory rest time.
The girls and I visited our assistant/youth pastor's family to meet their new baby. They have two girls as well and my two were so sweet to play with them which they absolutely adored. I'm thankful they were so giving of their time to love others well.
Paige has been spotting wildlife lately to include this tree frog on our front porch. I'm just glad it's not a snake.
And of course, there's always a good play in the rain!
No comments:
Post a Comment