Sunday, July 18, 2021

Running camp

We were delighted to pick up Anna from running camp on Saturday morning. She had called me every day, which I thought was funny. But I was also glad to hear about her day and see how she was doing. They had twice daily workouts, classroom time where they learned about things like recovery and nutrition, small group Bible study and personal coaching. It was neat hearing about how she navigated the college campus and being independent. She roomed with Emma, who is very like minded and equally responsible so I knew they would be more than OK. 

When we got her on Saturday, they were doing a meet to display their skills. Anna said there would be a little surprise and we found out that she and Emma were running a mini-steeple chase. They didn't do the water pit, but had gotten two hours of individual training the day before so they were excited to show of their new skills. I swear the bars were as tall as Anna, but she had good form and it was fun to watch her run. Apparently, the coach thought they were talented enough to try and recruit them! Anna only wishes they had more races at the high school level to compete in it because she enjoyed it a lot. 


She was all smiles and talk as we drove home. Sounds like she had a great time, wished it were longer and is excited about going to college one day. I call it a win! 

No comments:

Post a Comment