Monday, July 12, 2021

Lake Time

Per summer time tradition, we headed up to Lake Keowee to visit with family. I was excited to see my nieces who we really haven't been able to visit with in over a year (other than a quick half day visit last Thanksgiving). The girls were over the moon and loved hibernating in the bunkroom doing whatever teenage and pre-teenage girls do. There was lots of laughing, music and silliness. I got some cute shirts for them this year that I thought would be a good replacement for their usual tie dye. These are just a bit more grown up and they loved them!





At one point they all came out with removable Halloween tattoos placed all over their faces, necks and arms. I'm not sure we wanted to take them out in public after that!





Every day we got out on the water to do tubing and knee boarding. Patrick was able to ski a couple of times. We had a couple of good crashes, one where Paige lost her breath and then tossed her cookies after being tumbled around. No worries, I did a concussion check. Ha! Funny enough, Patrick falling off the tube probably put his neck in alignment after tumbling from the ski!










This year she also mastered the 360 on a knee board and was so proud of herself. I've seen her taking more risks since our trip and I think she's feeling quite brave these days. 


Or course, there was also lots of fishing. Anna managed to snag a bass this year and that was exciting. 



We played Uno, ate low country boil, pranked Uncle Aaron with 100 balloons, ate Grampy chocolate chip cookies and watched a few movies. Overall, it was a fun time had by all!







I drove all four girls from the lake to my house where we met up with Aunt Rachael who drove up from Florida. You know you have a bunch of teen girls in the car when you belt out Hamilton while eating Chick-fil-A. Teddy meanwhile rode with Patrick and lets just say he was worn out from his vacation time. 

We're here at my house for a couple of days, hanging out. Anna will go to track camp on Wednesday with a friend and I'm excited for her. She'll get a chance to do workouts with college athletes and coaches while also going to devotional time. It will be a nice chance for her to have some independence and learn some things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment