Friday, July 16, 2021

Paige days

With Anna at camp, Paige has had some solo time at home. She's been very helpful gathering stuff together for our friend trip next week. We managed to visit three grocery stores in one day as I am handling all of the food. It's good to have a helper and she was glad to take the lead.

With a couple of free days, I thought she might enjoy hanging out with her bestie, Sally. We picked her up on Thursday and then went over to the downtown library. It's been closed for a long time due to Covid and they did some extensive renovations on it. I forgot how much I enjoy this library and we had a great time finding more books to read. I can't seem to keep them in front of her before they are all read! 


We came home and continued to work on the baked Alaska Paige had wanted to make. It's a long process, but fun to do with her and Sally. By the end of the day we finished it and it was SO good! This one featured vanilla ice cream, lemon curd, strawberry ice cream, pound cake and a merengue coating. 






The girls did a bunch of stuff that they came up with after creating a schedule. Something about book club, playing games, water balloons, going for a walk, and a bunch of other things. They picked up a craft box from the library and did that too. I am reminded how much fun 10 year old girls are!


I allowed the girls to have a sleepover after missing two with Sally due to somebody being sick in their family both times. They got to bed at a decent hour because I told them we would be going to a water park the next day! 

Patrick had the day off on Friday so he joined us for our outing to Neptune Island. It's in Hartsville about an hour away, so we left early and the girls were so excited. It's a fun little water park and the girls basked in their freedom and responsibility. We did several things with them and allowed them to do some stuff alone while checking in. I had to laugh when they came back and said some boys were flirting with them. They wanted nothing to do with that!




We left just as the thunder started booming and the girls both were over the moon about their amazing day. They had such a great time! I was even shocked that Paige went down the big scary slide twice. After dropping Sally off, we enjoyed a movie night and tucked a tired Paige into bed early. 

If you're wondering about Anna, she's doing great. She's called every evening which surprised me. I've let her take the lead on that as I don't want to pester. She and her friend Emma are doing some great work outs, getting personalized coaching and learning some things in a classroom environment. Sounds like they are sticking close together as there aren't many other distance girls. They also managed to score some donuts by getting to the track early. We will go and see her run in a meet tomorrow morning. 

I'll leave you with Teddy pics. What a goof!

He actually snuck up on the bed which he is not allowed to do.

"I love mom scratches so much that I just stick me head in the couch to get them."


No comments:

Post a Comment