Monday, November 12, 2018

Paige's baptism and birthday celebration

Phase 3...definitely my favorite. There is nothing greater as a mother than celebrating your child's commitment to Christ. We were able to celebrate Paige's earthly birthday with a spiritual milestone. Over the summer Paige prayed and asked Jesus to be her savior. She felt strongly that God was calling her to commit herself to Him through baptism so we began working through a book to help make sure she understood some major concepts. Pastor Rhett then came over to ask her about it and she was approved to be baptized and make her public profession of faith on her actual birthday. Wow!

After opening a few family birthday gifts and cards, we presented Paige with some special baptism presents to include a Bible, cross necklace and hand stitched bookmarks from Grandma. Then I gave Paige a scrapbook I had put together over the last two months. In it were letters and notes of encouragement from friends and family who have helped guide, teach, encourage and walk Paige in her faith from the day she was born. They have planted seeds and we are forever grateful for how God used them to reveal Himself to her. Each letter was so precious...former teachers in Bible study, current teachers at school, great grandmothers, notes with unicorn stickers, buddies that are Paige's age and even her own sister.








Soon we were off to church to meet up with my parents and Paige's current and former teacher. I can't tell you how awesome it was to see so many friends and families there to celebrate her. Paige was definitely nervous, but I loved seeing her expressions as she stayed true to herself. She said the water was VERY cold!
















After church we headed to lunch at Red Robin to enjoy some singing and a free ice cream sundae.






Then we spent the afternoon making a dream come true. I suggested to the grandparents that Paige would LOVE some horse riding lessons and they were happy to gift those to her. She was absolutely over the moon excited to go to her first lesson. A flood of questions and comments came from her as we headed to the barn:

-will there be other kids during the lesson? ...no
-do I get to ride on a real horse?....yes
-will somebody be holding the reins or do I get to?...you do
-This is my dream come true!
-I'm so nervous my heart is beating fast!

Let's just say she was in heaven and it was a joy to watch her. She learned how to walk, brush, mount and lead the horse. I was impressed that they expected her to do all the work and she listened closely. JD is a 32 year old horse and he gladly let Paige direct him through trotting, barrels and a trail ride.








We finished the day with a Great British Baking Challenge, pot pie and things we love about Paige. I'm spent. Emotionally and physically it has been a full weekend of wonderful celebrations. I'm so grateful to God for our special 8 year old!

No comments:

Post a Comment