Sunday, November 25, 2018

Tuesday Turkeys

If you didn't know I have a couple of turkeys living with me. They might look like blondies with blue eyes, but really they are turkeys. We had a fun day at school before getting out for Thanksgiving Break.

Paige's class was invited to wear pajamas and bring stuffed animals to school. She might have excitedly jumped out of her bed this morning! We also threw together a little Thanksgiving breakfast for them. I made mini pumpkin pancakes and brought fruit, to include mandarin oranges that looked like tiny pumpkins. :) The kids were so sweet and had a blast. I even got to read them the book about how the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade got started. And because I'm a cool mom, I wore my pjs too. It's always fun to be in their classrooms.





Not to be left out, I whipped up some chocolate chip pumpkin muffins for Anna's class and they worked on practicing for the big Thanksgiving Gathering. It's an honor and tradition each year for the 5th graders to put on a little play. Can you believe I've never seen it? Well, it was finally Anna's turn and she played one pretty awesome turkey. Such a ham!










I sure do love these girls of mine. The other day I overheard a conversation between them where Paige was opening up about some issues at school. Anna patiently and kindly encouraged her with words of wisdom and her own experiences. Her responses were so precious and beyond her years! At one point, Paige was feeling down and Anna said: "Paige you don't have to worry about what other people say about you because God made you and you are awesome! Just remember God loves you, I love you and Mom and Dad love you." I might have just teared up a little bit. I pray there are many more exchanges like that between these two sweet sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment